Nikolas Plytas (20) joins the Island Tribe team in Greece!
The multi-talented water sport professional Nikolas Plytas is always keen to push his limits.
Taking on new challenges and breaking old records give him not only his daily dose of adrenalin,
but also keeps him energized and motivated. As experienced athlete Nikolas knows how critical it is to have a real waterproof and long lasting sunscreen in and on the sea. Our passionate rider has made the right choice and tames the Greek sun now with Island Tribe!
PRO RIDER: NIKOLAS PLYTAS
Born in: Athens
Born on: 30 July 1995
First time on board (age): 5
Personal Highlights National:
- Waterski: 12x National Champion, 5x National record holder,
- Wakeboard: 1x National Champion, 1x Trichonian Cup Champion.
- Snowboard: Gold medal at the 1st Greek Freeride snowboard contest,
- Second place at RedBull Homerun, several wins at National contests.
- Surf: Second place at the Mediterannean Surf contest
Personal Highlights International:
- 2x European Gold waterski Medallist
- 5x European Medalist
Daily Motto: Becoming better everyday keeps me motivated.
Favourite spots in Greece:
- Vouliagmeni, Aliartos, Kaiafas (water skiing)
- Vouliagmeni (wake boarding)
- Kalo nero, Lagouvardos (surf spots)
- Vasilitsa, Parnassos (snow boarding)
Aim: Win as many competitions as I can, and make new projects that can take my sport to the next level.
Personal safety advise to all boarders: Always use sunscreen because the sun can be very dangerous.